Pulling Back The Curtain
All the people I see posting in Facebook groups want to learn how to use Instagram as well. I’m happy to explain a few tactics that have worked for me and my clients. Before I dive into this blog, it’s really important that I mention something. I’m not going to tell you how to get a video to go viral on Instagram. I’m also not going to tell you how to get 10k likes in a week for one post. Lastly, I’m not going to tell you how to get 20k followers in a week. Why? Because I’m not doing that. I’m not going to tell how you how to do something that I myself do not do. What I AM going to share with you are some tactics that myself and my clients/course students have used that have helped us establish some pretty cool connections and YES, make some money too!
We as digital marketers participate and engage in influential communities on Facebook in order to be recognized in our niches. This is our market research. With Instagram, researching the most influential accounts for whatever niche you are in will tell you a few things:
1. What types of posts are people engaging with the most? i.e. FITNESS *Videos (and the different types), *Food photos, recommendations for specific supplements, workouts, etc. *Inspiring and motivating posts
2. See what types of hashtags are they using and look them up on Hashtagify.me – This is a great way to find out which ones are being used the most (which does not necessarily mean that you should use it if you’re following is really small to start out with. Seriously- test this out). This is a great site reference to help you with your research.
3. People are going to tell you they can get you thousands of likes in one week using different types of “power likes” and automation. If you choose to do this, be aware that there are certain systems that will get you fake followers if you use them with Instagram. I would prefer you get actual, interested potential clients. But hey, that’s just me.
4. If you’re not quite as concerned with how many likes or engagement you get, but more concerned about converting people from Instagram and driving them to say, a Facebook group where you can convert them into paying clients, then just do your research, be consistent and post regularly. Use your Instagram stories and make sure you use Instagram hashtag research with influencer accounts to attract your ideal client.
5. Respect the platform. Instagram is a visual platform with over 700 million global users. If you do post on there, make sure you go through your feed every single day at least a few times a day to like and comment on other people’s stuff. Mix things up. Post videos, funny memes, inspirational stuff, etc. Consider getting into an engagement group or pod with other niche-specific pros to help you with your engagement. Reciprocity is important. Remember you’re forming relationships with real people out there.
6. This one might be the most important tip. Start a REAL conversation. Send random people messages every day just to say hi and tell them that you’re happy to connect with them. A little goes a long way. No pitching products, just “I just wanted to say hello and I’m happy to connect with you on Instagram. I hope you have an awesome day”. You might find that was exactly the little sprinkle of sunshine that person needed.
If this was helpful to you, please share it out. Thank you so much and I wish you the best of luck in your business! If you’re looking for an opportunity to learn about how you can use Instagram for your business, my Ebook is only $47 and has been proven as an excellent tool.
Dedicated to your success,